ICYMI: As of Oct. 18, 57,951 households – or 110,157 people – in P.E.I. have registered for Red Cross financial assistance post-Fiona.
While in recent weeks some have reported wait times as high as four hours for Fiona relief applications at the Red Cross office at the Confederation Court Mall in Charlottetown, on the afternoon of Oct.18, some staff told applicants that wait times were down to around half an hour. - Stu NeatbyCHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Nearly two-thirds of P.E.I.’s population has applied for assistance from the Red Cross since post-tropical storm Fiona hit the region.
Samer Naifeh spent 15 days without power following post-tropical storm Fiona. He believes he and other Islanders deserve more clarity from the Red Cross as to who will and who will not qualify for assistance. - Stu Neatby The Red Cross is currently administering two large-scale relief payment programs in P.E.I. A $250 relief payment program is funded by the P.E.I. government and is offered to Islanders who struggled with food or fuel costs related to lengthy power outages.
In an email, Bill Lawlor of the Red Cross said eligibility for the $500 cheques is based on a survey and that “all answers in the survey are used to determine eligibility.” Since then the organization has begun verifying identification through Zoom calls and wait times have been substantially shortened.Naifeh has phoned the relief organization’s 1-800 number. He said Red Cross staff have not been clear about the eligibility for either the $250 payments or the newer $500 payments.York associate professor Jack Rozdilsky says he has rarely seen post-disaster relief roll-out efforts go perfectly smoothly.
المملكة العربية السعودية أحدث الأخبار, المملكة العربية السعودية عناوين
Similar News:يمكنك أيضًا قراءة قصص إخبارية مشابهة لهذه التي قمنا بجمعها من مصادر إخبارية أخرى.
Almost 58,000 P.E.I. households - more than 110,000 people - have sought Red Cross assistance since Fiona | SaltWireCHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Nearly two-thirds of P.E.I.’s population have applied for assistance from the Red Cross since post-tropical storm Fiona hit the ...
اقرأ أكثر »
Microsoft lays off nearly 1,000 employees – Terrace StandardHundreds of workers were laid off across multiple divisions throughout the company.
اقرأ أكثر »
Report recommends Annapolis Royal, N.S., budget nearly $5 million to replace wharf | SaltWireA report concluded that the Annapolis Royal wharf can only be expected to last another five years, and the town should budget nearly $5 million for its replacement.
اقرأ أكثر »
Snap stock falls nearly 25 per cent after revenue hit by shrinking advertiser budgetsSnap on Thursday reported revenue of US$1.13 billion for the three months ending in September, a slight 6 per cent increase from the year prior and less than Wall Street had expected, as the company confronts tightening advertiser budgets in an uncertain economy.
اقرأ أكثر »
Analysis: NHL has place to start with results of race and gender report cardThe data from the NHL's first workplace demographic study backed up the expectations: nearly 84 per cent of employees across the league and its 32 teams are white, and nearly 62 per cent are men.
اقرأ أكثر »
Mullen Group reports $38M third-quarter profit, up from $17.5M a year ago - BNN BloombergMullen Group Ltd. reported its third-quarter profit more than doubled compared with a year ago as its revenue rose nearly 20 per cent.
اقرأ أكثر »