The province’s five major education unions are all looking for new deals with the government after they all expired on Aug. 31.
In what could be the last chance to avoid a potential strike, Ontario education workers and the Ford government will be back at the bargaining table on Monday, Oct. 17 with the help of a mediator.
While the two sides were previously scheduled to meet on Monday, Oct. 17 and Tuesday, Oct. 18 a third day – Wednesday, Oct. 19 – has been added at the request of the union. “My coworkers across Ontario are expecting to see an offer that shows this government understands we’ve taken forced pay cuts for the last decade and now our wages are being eroded even more by high inflation,” said Laura Walton, president of OSBCU. “We welcome the assistance of a mediator to help us get a deal done that meets the needs of students, parents, and frontline workers.”
المملكة العربية السعودية أحدث الأخبار, المملكة العربية السعودية عناوين
Similar News:يمكنك أيضًا قراءة قصص إخبارية مشابهة لهذه التي قمنا بجمعها من مصادر إخبارية أخرى.
Ontario education workers, province begin mediationThe Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and the provincial government with the assistance of mediator William Kaplan will start working together today with the goal of negotiating a new collective agreement for Ontario’s 50,000 frontline education workers.
اقرأ أكثر »
Ford ‘very disappointed’ Ottawa candidates won’t use strong mayor powersOntario Premier Doug Ford says he’s disappointed that Ottawa’s leading mayoral candidates are promising not to use “strong mayor” powers the province instituted last month.
اقرأ أكثر »
Politics This Morning: Senate back early to fast-track temporary increase to the GST creditAnd Ontario Premier Doug Ford will join Industry Minister François-Philippe Champagne for an announcement about Nokia’s huge new Ottawa campus.
اقرأ أكثر »
Ontario court to hear case of former CannTrust leaders charged with securities offences | Globalnews.caThe Ontario court of justice is expected to hear opening arguments today in a case against three former CannTrust Holdings Inc. leaders accused of securities offences.
اقرأ أكثر »