Adelaide Street will be under heavy construction until the spring of next year as preparations begin on the Ontario Line subway extension that will run along Queen Street.
The City of Toronto announced Thursday that the construction will begin next week and take place on Adelaide in sections spanning from Bathurst Street to Parliament Street “to upgrade critical water, road and cycling infrastructure, as well as to reinstate TTC streetcar tracks in advance of Ontario Line construction.”
“The project, in coordination with the TTC and Metrolinx, bundles several construction needs on Adelaide Street into one project to complete the work as quickly as possible and minimize prolonged disruption,” the city announced in a press release. The reinstating of a streetcar route on Adelaide comes in advance of the expected years-long closure of a stretch of Queen Street to both cars and public transit while the new Ontario Line subway extension is built.
The 15.6-kilometre, 15-stop extension will run from Exhibition Place through the downtown core along Queen Street, eventually coming above ground to join an existing GO train track near the Don River before heading north along Pape Avenue to the Ontario Science Centre.
• Upgrading pedestrian infrastructure at various locations along Adelaide Street from Spadina Avenue to York StreetNews release:
المملكة العربية السعودية أحدث الأخبار, المملكة العربية السعودية عناوين
Similar News:يمكنك أيضًا قراءة قصص إخبارية مشابهة لهذه التي قمنا بجمعها من مصادر إخبارية أخرى.
Ontario woman narrowly avoids falling victim to 'taxi scam' after stopping to help boy on streetWhen Saja Kilani was stopped by a young man in downtown Toronto asking for her help over the weekend, she says it was her instinct to help the boy.
اقرأ أكثر »
Ontario woman narrowly avoids falling victim to 'taxi scam' after stopping to help boy on streetWhen Saja Kilani was stopped by a young man in downtown Toronto asking for her help over the weekend, she says it was her instinct to help the boy.
اقرأ أكثر »
Arrest made after assault victim struck in the head with wrenchOfficers responded to the Pim Street incident on Monday evening
اقرأ أكثر »
Cooper Street Incident Leads to Weapon Charges | SaultOnline.com
اقرأ أكثر »
High Street set to reopen in early NovemberRead the full story and comment on Tbnewswatch.com
اقرأ أكثر »
Police seize suspected fentanyl during arrest on East StreetThe accused was wanted on an outstanding warrant for fleeing police earlier this month
اقرأ أكثر »