Ex-Ottawa police boss defends intelligence reading of 'Freedom Convoy'

المملكة العربية السعودية أخبار أخبار

Ex-Ottawa police boss defends intelligence reading of 'Freedom Convoy'
المملكة العربية السعودية أحدث الأخبار,المملكة العربية السعودية عناوين
  • 📰 TheTorontoSun
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 68%

It took just several hours on that cold Saturday in January for Peter Sloly to see his previous understanding of “Freedom Convoy” crumble.

The ex-chief was a highly anticipated witness at the Public Order Emergency Commission, which is examining the Liberal government’s unprecedented decision to invoke the Emergencies Act to help clear protesters, many in heavy trucks, blocking the streets around Parliament Hill.From our newsroom to your inbox at noon, the latest headlines, stories, opinion and photos from the Toronto Sun.By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc.

The commission, which has scheduled public hearings in Ottawa through to Nov. 25, has previously been told the Ontario Provincial Police was providing regular intelligence updates to Ottawa police. Copies of those reports, which warned protesters might refuse to leave, have been submitted to the inquiry as evidence.

“The nine o’clock briefing that I received on the Saturday morning … was still talking about a weekend event,” he told the inquiry.

لقد قمنا بتلخيص هذا الخبر حتى تتمكن من قراءته بسرعة. إذا كنت مهتمًا بالأخبار، يمكنك قراءة النص الكامل هنا. اقرأ أكثر:

TheTorontoSun /  🏆 23. in CA

المملكة العربية السعودية أحدث الأخبار, المملكة العربية السعودية عناوين



Render Time: 2025-04-04 03:57:50